I just finished creating the new quilt studio!
Here’s a little shot of me celebrating with my amazing support team, Randy and Karen- Thank you!
Our last step was to custom build inverted L-shaped baseboards to hide the uneven cement edges of the concrete floor.
Here’s a close-up of a corner and then a capture of them drying after being painted.
I started moving in over the weekend.
Then I had to take some time to think about lighting, shadows, placement, flow, and all that good stuff.
I’m typing to you right now with my computer balanced precariously on a charity quilt I just finished up, which is on top of my ironing board, nearest the spot that gets wi-fi from the neighboring house.
I’m really excited to develop a routine in this new space and get it all decorated in order to invite the big wide world into my little quilt world.
Here’s a shot of the first quilt finished in the new space. I don’t know the name of the quilt maker, but my job was to attach the binding so that it could be complete and ready for donation to a local charity from Hands Across the Valley Quilt Guild, of which I’m a member.
Stay tuned for more- good things are happening. If you know any little blessings for new spaces- I’d love to have you share them below in the comments!